March 1, 2009

Pourquoi?

Why Blog? Honestly I don't know. I was looking at some blogs of other people and it looked so fun - so expressive. I miss being expressive in some creative way. I live in a tiny tiny 11'x12' dorm room where there is no room for my scrapbooking and stamping and jewelry making supplies. Even if there was room, my class schedule and work do not leave me the time to mess around with paper and glue and stamps and beads like I used to and I miss it. I guess Blogging isn't really super creative - but it allows me to design a space that is all my own and express myself in some small but visible way. Even if no one reads this blog I have put my ideas out there for the world to see. And it allows me to connect with people who inspire me, people who's creative doings I admire and can file away for future use, at some point when I have the time and the space to pick up my own projects again. Until then, I'll blog. 

1 comment:

  1. I understand your need to be able to create! It is one of life's blessings to me and it sounds to me that creating is very much a part of who you are. I know that you are very busy and that you also don't have very much room in a dorm. But maybe a small box of your beads and a few supplies could fit in a small box that you could slide under the bed? You will find a few moments here and there to feed your creative yearnings!! Here's to happy creating!!

    ReplyDelete